Envirotech Maintenance Ltd is firmly committed to the provision of a safe and healthy work environment for its employees, contractors and other stakeholders.
In meeting this commitment, the Company will:
- Strive to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment by implementing appropriate policies and procedures that educate and encourage the protection of the Company’s people and property;
- Establish and insist upon safe methods, safe equipment, proper materials and safe practices at all times;
- Provide effective training and information for staff as appropriate;
- Purchase suitable plant and equipment for the tasks and ensure that plant and equipment is maintained and is as safe as possible.
- Ensure that the correct PPE is supplied and used for the purpose it was designed for.
- Ensure that staff have the opportunity to be fully involved in the development of safe workplace practices;
- Assess our safety systems regularly to verify that they are effective and continually improved;
- Comply with all legislative requirements, particularly the Health and Safety in Employment Act 2015 and associated regulations and codes of practice.
- Support the rehabilitation of injured employees, including their safe and early return to work.
The Managing Director delegates responsibility to persons in control of work areas to manage health and safety within their areas of control as an integral feature of their day to day activities.
A safe and healthy work environment is achieved through the cooperation and compliance of every employee with all relevant work standards, company procedures and statutory obligations.
The staff of Envirotech maintenance Ltd will be required to support the companies’ health and safety initiatives by:
- Taking responsibility for ensuring their own safety while at work;
- Wear the appropriate PPE supplied and ensure it is used for its intended purpose;
- Ensure that plant and equipment purchased is only used for the purpose it was designed for;
- Ensuring that no action or inaction by them, while at work, causes harm to any other person;
- Reporting to the appropriate person, as soon as possible, any work related unsafe conditions, injury, accident, illness or near miss that has, or could have caused harm to themselves or others.
The Company supports and encourages employees to play an active role in identifying hazards and to offer suggestions or ideas to improve any aspect of our health and safety program.Download PDF